Saturday, July 16, 2005

Think again.

I changed my mind. I'm not going to start a story.
I'd been blithely drawing some characters and stumbled upon a few that I found interesting in design and began vaguely forming bits of a story from. But the effort of using these characters to create a story would be wasted thanks to a character from a previous story, Kary Kan, which I never finished. (And thank God. I was reading it tonight and it needs WORK.) I need to concentrate on Peter, like I said I would. Ahwell. Maybe some other time.

I started reading Will's story, one he sent me. He claimed it would be "bigger than Harry Potter." I don't know which Harry Potter he's talking about, but I hope it's not the one by J.K. Rowling, because his goal will never be achieved. It was really bad. Apparently, it's supposed to be some sort of action/horror story, but it reads like an entry of his journal from middle school. The character descriptions, personalities, dialogue and action of the story are all seemingly borrowed from whatever he found cool on T.V. The dialogue was especially cringe-worthy, both from the narrative and character perspectives. I'll get into it more later, I think.

I'm wondering how enamored of this journal I'll continue to be. I don't want an audience, and at the same time I do. But I'm selfish about it. I only want the kind of audience that will laud my writings and not make me feel bad about anything. And in that much, I sort of don't deserve an audience. ...but then again I don't really want one because I don't want to be picked on.

I'm shutting up now. Time to end the sleepless streak. Insomnia be damned! I have Tylenol PM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home