Wednesday, August 03, 2005

In the Mail

The job hunt goes miserably.
I sent out three applications in the mail today, and many more through email. My fingers are crossed.
I had a strange interview yesterday at a place that I really don't want a job at. The ad in the paper said,
ASSEMBLY AND GENERAL HELP
Start Immediately...
1st 100 CALLERS
$400/wk To Start

Apparently, 100 people is an awful lot. They seem to have been taking those calls all day. And there were a bunch of people in the lobby. The marble-mouthed receptionist that answered my call that morning told me that there were service representative positions available, as well as the assembly jobs. The $400 dollars was what caught my eye. She blurted out the place and told me to dress appropriately. As if someone would show up dressed innappropriately for a job interview. The interview was a bit of a bust anyway, I suppose. I was the only one who showed up with a resume, so apparently, I looked "really good", but not good enough to hire on the spot.
It's just as well though. The place seemed awfully spotty to me. If they do end up calling me for a second interview, I'm going to decline. I got bad vibes from that place, ones I still can't shake. I guess I'm not as desperate for a job as I thought I was.

Ken and his father stayed the night on Saturday. I busted my butt cooking for them, and they seemed to appreciate it, so all was well. I think it was a little awkward having them over. Dave and Doug went rafting, so I was entertaining Scott and Ken by myself. Then when Dave and Doug got home, I didn't quite know how to act around all of them. I wanted to love on Dave, but I didn't want to ignore my guests. They seemed to make themselves at home, though, and just sort of enjoy being out of their lives, if only for a minute. I'm glad to give them that much. They were a lot of fun to hang out with, and just shoot the shit. Ken seems to be gaining some self-confidence, and his dad is certainly helping him a lot by being there for him as a voice of reason. I just hope Ken continues to do well for himself. If it means leaving Alissa, I hope he does that. She's such a pain in the ass. I can't help but feel utterly jealous of her and all that she's got, but then again, I don't want to be her for a second. For all the "friends" she thinks she has, no one takes her seriously. And no one's as enamored of her "motherly" traits as she lets on. I just wonder who she'll go out with after Ken.

I'm going through major mood swings from stress. It feels like if I let my guard down for a second, anything good I've got now will come crashing down and kill me. I want a job, but a good job, and I'm so afraid that Dave is upset with me.

Speaking of which, we had a long talk a bit ago. I found out a few things that I don't know how to deal with. The biggest discovery is that he isn't as comfortable with my body as I thought he was. I guess I understand, but I can't help but feel hurt and a bit lost as to what to do. I guess it comes down to the fact that I need help. I don't want to change, but I need to. I wish he didn't feel that way about me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey E~ The only one taht has to like your body is you.

Love ya
Key_light

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home