Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Yeah...so I'm quiet.

Been an eventful couple of weeks, I suppose. Let me give it to you in list form:


  • Got the job at Tobey's.

  • Immediately hated the job at Tobeys.

  • Called Burkettville and got my old job back.

  • Finished out first two weeks at Tobey's and left, squealing tires.

  • That's sort of true. I didn't show up the last day. Bad on my part, but there wasn't much incentive either.

  • Got a tremendous bout of allergies, causing me to be sick most of my first week at Tobey's.

  • Got way too stressed out and missed a deadline for Come Together, of which I'm utterly ashamed.

  • Am living with my parents on the weekends I work at Burkettville, and with Dave the rest of the week.

  • Am doing a photo shoot with Mea Saturday.



I'll stop this list shit and get into the nitty gritty. So...Tobey's was an utter bitch to work for. Working there mostly made me realize how much I missed Burkettville. The women at Tobey's were sowhiny. Good fucking Lord. They had machines to do everything for them, and they still bitch all day long.
"Oh my god, I have to chop vegetables." You bitches have a chopper...one push, BAM, you're done. At Burkettville, you chop by hand, even [especially] the onions. Wah.
"We have to make so many pizzas." You have a machine that rolls out the dough for you. Try using a rolling pin on cold doughs that won't stretch. Wah.
"We have to clean this/wrap that/cook this or that." That kitchen was such a fake-o if I ever saw one. A pizza oven, a microwave, and this pretend fryer in a big metal box. Wah, bitches, wah.
And here's where I get whiny. I was there less than two weeks, and they had me opening that deli by myself (at 5:30 in the morning). Cruelty, I tell you. Then, they had the GALL to bitch at me when I didn't do something right, or couldn't get it out there in time. They're all whining they can't get shit done when there are three fucking people in the deli, and then they put a brand new person in there by herself and bitch at her for not being able to do it by herself. Honest to fucking god.
It was the hastiest, rashest decision I've ever made, but I think it was also one of the best, getting out of there. I feel like all the nervousness, all that anxiety and stress, has suddenly had the breaks put on...crashed into a wall even, and now I'm floating in a limbo of sudden happy change. I've turned a deaf ear to things that could concern me in my little bubble, so this week has been sailing right along.

Being back at Burkettville is almost comforting. So little has changed, it's almost like I never left. The locals hardly ask, which makes the transition all the easier, and they don't press into me when I do have to answer them. They accept that "I couldn't find a job and wanted to come back here."
The job seems easier now, too, since I like it for all it's worth.

I'm going to wrap this up because I'm getting bored.

I have a photo shoot with Mea on Saturday. I'm tremendously nervous and excited. I've got to be naked...but I'm going to be photographed. I hope the pictures come out fabulous.

More later...and not so much later as last time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home